Nov 25, 2015

NaNoWriMo - update 3

Well hello there, glad you're still here :-)
I'm still here, too. Talk about a coincidence.

Yeah, yeah, I'm feeling silly.

Here's another update on my NaNo project.
Due to work and other events, I've had a few really slow days (sometimes only managing a few hundred words), but the good news is that I have been writing every single day for the last 3 weeks!

So, days 12 & 13 were slow, 12 because of work, 13 because of the soccer game between Belgium and Italy. It was a friendly match, but that doesn't make a difference.
I shouldn't even have been able to watch it, since I had tickets to a classical concert by Andre Rieu that same night (bought them as a present for my mom's 70th b-day), but she didn't feel like going. I know she has a thing about crowds and being indoors with a lot of noise, but I thought she would've enjoyed going to the concert. I guess not!
Anyways, I was home for the soccer match, which we won 3-1 against a world class opponent.
Right after the game, we heard the news about the Paris attacks. Shit hit the fan in no time (but I've already written a blog post about that, so I'm not going to dwell on that now)

Day 14: with everything going on and shopping needing to be done, I didn't get to write as much as I would've wanted to (especially on a Saturday) and only managed 700 words or so.

Day 15: Sunday was a much better day writing-wise. A lot of stuff was going on all around us, but I managed to pull back from that and plunge myself into my alternate world. Added over 2.500 words.

Between day 15 and 20, I only added about 2.000 words in all. Not much writing going on. On Tuesday, I was planning on going to the soccer game against Spain, but that was cancelled the night before. Too dangerous. Despite that cancellation, I didn't get to write much.
On Friday, I went to the cinema for the Mockingjay marathon (both movies back-to-back). Upon leaving the cinema, we encountered massive police and security forces at the subway/bus station. I was wondering what the heck was going on, but didn't find out until the next day. The only words I squeezed in on Friday, were those written before bed that very early morning (I hate going to bed early and am never in bed before 1 am)

Day 21: Again, not a good day for a Saturday, more shopping, more lockdown consequences, more fear all around. Only managed 700 words.

Day 22: Now that was a good day!! The best so far I think, with a grand total of over 3.500 words added.

Day 23: Brussels is in lockdown, my workplace is shut down along with everything else. We are invited to either take the day off or go to a local branch to work from there. My son's school is closed as well (though not in Brussels). I took advantage of being home all day and added another 2.500 words.

Day 24: It has just ended (just after midnight now) and I have totalled 1.700 words today.

I am nibbling my way to my target and even though I'm not sure I will make it, I am thrilled to be writing again. Let's hope we can keep this going and I can finally get back to all those projects that are waiting for me.


Good luck to all you fellow NaNoWriMo's!!


Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment